Figured I would share the progress I made on the Plexi tonight. I got the board built and populated. I began flying leads from it but got tired. Haha. Getting old sucks. Should be able to finish it up this week and get it out for a gig test.
Came in making lots of noise and popping. Determined is was just the pots dirtying the signal, but….they had to design it with the pots hidden under the board. So, I had to disassemble most of the amp to get to them. LONG story short, I cleaned them with a little DeOxit and problem solved.
Brought in a low volume Blues Deluxe for repair and servicing. Went straight to the Phase Inverter as every one of them that comes in the shop it seems, has an open 100k resistor. Sure enough. Replaced with 1/2w Carbon film. Volume restored. Replaced the existing filter caps with new F&T caps. Removed the original […]